CoolClock – Advanced extends CoolClock for WordPress with advanced options.
|CoolClock (free) »||CoolClock Advanced|
|Widget, Shortcode or theme function|
|Compatible cross browser/platform|
|22 Preset skins|
|Linear or logarithmic time scale|
|Show date or 24h digital time *|
|Background options *|
Image or color, round(ed corners), adv. positioning
|1 extra clean skin *|
- More digital options: 24h time or date
- Background options:
- color, position, size (if your background image is larger than the clock) and repeat options
- A custom background image field. Allows for setting an URL to an image that will serve as background to the clock. This can be any kind of image, it's completely up to you!
- Background image stretching ('cover' or 'contain') to force-fit it to your clock size. Works well with the new responsive clock.
- Clock position: this will allow you to control the exact position of the clock in respect to the background image.
- One extra skin: Minimal. This skin serves well with background images.
- One year of Updates and Premium support
Buy CoolClock Advanced
Starting at 9$ (that’s only ~8€) including 1 year free updates and support for one site.
Risk-free: 30-day money back guarantee – No questions asked
Please follow these steps to assure your satisfaction with your purchase:
- First, install the free CoolClock for WordPress plugin, activate it and add an Analog Clock widget to your sidebar. If you are sure the free plugin works well on your site, then come back here to continue with step 2. If it does not work well, please ask for help on the CoolClock plugin page.
- Purchase the Advanced extension by hitting the Add to Cart button. Create a new user account or log in to an existing account. Your account will serve you to get premium support on https://premium.status301.net/support/forum/coolclock-pro/ and allow you to re-download in the future. After checkout, you'll receive a confirmation e-mail with download instructions.
- Download the zip file and use your WordPress plugin installation page (Plugins > Add new > Upload) to install the plugin.
- Activate your new plugin CoolClock - Advanced extension.
- Notice the admin notice about a missing plugin license and follow the link. Follow the instructions there to find, enter and activate your plugin license key which will serve for automatic plugin updates.
- Go back to your previously configured Analog Clock sidebar widget and find your new options!
What you get
After following the steps above, you'll have two plugins: The free CoolClock plugin plus the Advanced extension that brings advanced options to the table. These extra options allow you to customize your clock with your own background image.
The following examples shows how you can create your custom clock.
Example #1: Widget with background image
Let's say, you added an Analog Clock widget with all the default options to your sidebar. It should look like image #1a.
Now, with the Advanced extension activated, go back to your WordPress Appearance > Widgets admin page and open the widget to edit its settings.
Change the skin (theme) to the new one called 'Minimal' at the bottom of the dropdown list (image #1b) and the option Radius to 65 (image #1c) to better fit the coming background image. Next, fill out
http://i35.tinypic.com/990wtx.png in the Image URL field (image #1d) under the new Background options.
Then hit Save and admire the result on your site: A clock without a border and no minute or hour markers that fits snugly over a 125 by 125 pixel large WordPress logo.
But of course, you can choose your own logo or any other image!
Example #2: Shortcode with background image
The shortcode responsible for the minimalist clock at the top of this page is [coolclock align=right skin=minimal /] which uses the new skin Minimal.
When appended with the new parameters background_image="http://i35.tinypic.com/990wtx.png" showdigital="date" the result is visible here on the left.
These new shortcode parameters are available in the Advanced extension:
- showdigital extended with "digital24" or "date" options
- background_image - define full URL or path to an image to serve as background
- background_height - give a height in pixels (default: clock plus subtext height)
- background_width - give a width in pixels (default: clock width)
- background_color - define a CSS color value in hex, rgb(a) format, or color name
- background_stretch - Accepts CSS backround image size options "cover" and "contain" (default: no stretching)
- background_position - CSS positioning like "left top", "bottom", "10% 70%" or "10px 20px" (default: "left top")
- background_repeat - background repetition options "repeat", "repeat-x", "repeat-y", "no-repeat" (default: "no-repeat")
- background_border_radius - optional rounded corners value, higher is rounder
You can find all the default skins on https://premium.status301.net/coolclock-skins/ with their parameters to copy and reuse for your custom skin trials. Instructions and examples of how to use your custom skin are on https://premium.status301.net/coolclock-custom-skin/.