Tagged: ef pro slide show
3 March 2016 at 14:36 #6192theodorParticipant
I finally found my login details and can now ask my question.
First, i like this plugin a lot.
But i am having trouble setting up a slide show.
In the faq it says only that it is possible. The backend is a little confusing though.
My goal is to have several images (the slide show) linked to one thumbnail.
Is this possible at all and how can i achieve this behaviour?
3 March 2016 at 22:08 #6193RavanHKeymaster
Thank you for your purchase and welcome on the forum 🙂
The first step is to create a gallery that can be opened from one thumbnail.
There are several ways of doing this but I suppose the easiest is this:
1. insert the image that you want to serve as opening image as a thumbnail in your page content. Select “Link to: Media file” while inserting the image.
2. insert underneath it a gallery containing all other images, and choose “Size: thumbnail” and “Link to: Media file”.
3. save and test the page from the front end. All images will still be visible but it must work like this: Click that first stand-alone image, the light box should open and show the full size version plus (when the mouse hovers the image) an arrow to the right. Click the arrow and the next image of the gallery should show.
If this works correctly, then go back to edit the page again:
4. switch to the Text view tab in the page editor (if you’re not already there) and find the shortcode that is responsible for the gallery. It looks like
[ gallery link="file" ids="..." ]
5. wrap that shortcode in a div with class “fancybox-hidden” like this:
<div class="fancybox-hidden"> [ gallery ... ] </div>
6. save again and test the page front end again. It should now only show the stand-alone image but you should still be able to browse forward to the next images within the light box.
If this all works, the final steps can be taken:
7. go to Settings > Media and find the option “Advanced” at the end of the Gallery section under “Images”. Set this option to “Gallery Auto-rotation (6 seconds)”
8. save the options and test the page again. The light box should now forward automatically through the gallery of images. Be aware the auto-rotation pauses when the mouse hovers an image.
Hope that clears things up a little 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.